In 1890 for the first time four Members represented Sindh in the Bombay legislative Assembly. More than four decades later Sindh was separated from the Bombay Presidency on 1 April 1936, paving way for the province to have its own Legislative Assembly, which was elected on the basis of communal and minorities’ representation. The first elections, held on 7 February 1937, led to a 60-Member Sindh Legislative Assembly. On
27 April 1937 the first Sindh Legislative Assembly met in the Assembly Hall of the Sindh Chief Court Karachi (the present Sindh High Court building).